As a Principal Data Solutions Architect within Seriös Group, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and technical expertise in the design and development of our client’s Data Solutions, namely cloud data platforms, IoT analytics, data integration and migration projects. You will set the technical standard across the organisation, helping to evaluate new and emerging technologies and shaping the organisations approach to all things data. You will work across teams ensuring from a technical perspective that best practices are followed and provide assurance and direction as part of our Technical Design Authority.
You will lead a team of Data Architects, Engineers and Analysts as well as be responsible for defining data architecture frameworks, principles, and standards to guide the development of well-architected, scalable, robust, and cost-effective data solutions.
You will be working in a technology-agnostic manner, with market-leading technologies and be required to shape the technology into a best-fit solution for our clients. Liaising with our clients and working with them in partnership is a key part of the role therefore excellent client-facing skills are required.
The role will involve direct management of senior technical people from both a line management and coaching / mentoring perspective. Therefore, prior technical and team lead experience is essential.
You will also naturally have a passion for all things data, keeping up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies, whilst inspiring others in the team to continually improve.
- Shape the organisation's approach to the design and development of our data solutions utilising cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure.
- Set the standard for detailed solutions documentation and data governance.
- Lead on promotion of Agile delivery methods.
- Management of mid-level to senior team members from both a line management and coaching / mentoring perspective
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies, methodologies and best practices in all things cloud and data, in line with our technology agnostic approach.
- Gain and maintain relevant certifications.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships coaching more junior team members in soft skills.
- Proactively promote best practice and inspire others to continually improve.
- Perform detailed analysis on clients as is technology implementations and provide recommendations.
- Be seen as a point of technical leadership providing guidance to Data Architects and Data Engineers promoting best practice and fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Act as a quality gate ensuring all technical deliveries meet the company’s required standard for data quality, design, reliability and accuracy. This will be through project reviews, helping to shape our data quality standards and involvement in our Technical Design Authority.
- Provide technical expertise as part of the pre-sales processes assessing prospective client needs and presenting scoped and sized data solutions to help win new business.
- Work with the Learning and Development function in the development of training plans for junior staff.
- Helping to achieve/maintain partner status with 3rd party organisations such as Microsoft and AWS
- The above list is non-exhaustive; you may be required to carry out any ancillary duties in relation to your role, in addition to the above-mentioned list.
- Ability to analyse complex business problems and develop creative technical solutions.
- Ability to lead technical teams and provide guidance to junior team members.
- Ability to professionally present and communicate technical solutions and concepts, including to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to be self-motivated and have a proactive approach to work.
- Exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively, efficiently and appropriately with others at all levels of the team.
- Ability to develop strong client relationships through gaining trust as a respected technical authority.
- Ability to understand and address the needs of multiple clients.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and business needs.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines.
- Ability to consider how solutions fit within the company’s wider portfolio of work.
- Experience designing cloud data platforms in either Azure / AWS or significant on-premise design experience.
- 5+ years prior experience in data engineering or business intelligence roles.
- Extensive ETL and data pipeline design experience, technology agnostic.
- Experience implementing solutions using at least one of the following technologies Azure Data Factory, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Function Apps, Azure Synapse Analytics, AWS Glue, AWS S3, AWS Lambda Functions, AWS Redshift, Databricks, Snowflake, Google Big Query, Alteryx, SSIS, Informatica.
- Understanding of data warehouse and data lake principles.
- Demonstrable data modelling capabilities using either Kimball, Inmon or Data Vault methodologies.
- Experience working with relational database platforms.
- Expert SQL skills
- Exposure to data engineering coding languages such as Python, R or Spark
- Awareness of AI/ML methodologies
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as PowerBI or Tableau.
- Experience of leading or mentoring a team of junior data engineers or BI developers.
- Experience being technical lead on project delivery using Agile and/or DevOps methodologies including, peer reviews and continuous improvement to optimize new and existing data solutions.
- Experience using backlog management tools such as Jira or Azure DevOps.
- Experience working with IoT sensor technologies would be highly advantageous.
- Experience working in an agile consulting team.
- Experience writing Infrastructure as Code using either ARM Templates, PowerShell, CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience of implementation of source control utilising Git.