Technical Lead / Business Analyst
leighton: 30 years and counting. Experienced and agile. Trusted by some of the world’s biggest brands. We develop and deliver custom software. We use technology to make money, save money, create efficiencies, integrate systems, solve problems. To help our customers thrive. We have a pool of talent. To manage projects. Test to high standards. Create user experiences for every type of user. We include, include, include. Our service is personal. We know your name. We can do amazing things with tech. We’ve got the talent. We decide what’s best for our customer together.
The Leighton culture defines how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues and customers. It makes us unique and provides us with a competitive advantage
- We act with honesty and truth, always!
- We collaborate to bring our purpose to life in a caring and supportive way
- We nurture our amazing people to be the best version of themselves
- Passionate about what we do, proud of what we achieve
- Our curiosity inspires the amazing
- Leading the Technical Solution from initial scoping to requirements and Solution Design, through to build, testing and implementation.
- Accountable for your team’s outputs; taking responsibility for code quality, security and scalability, measuring performance and addressing technical issues when required.
- Support teams through the process of presenting technical designs to business and technical architects.
- Turn concepts and requirements into exceptional, highly available, quality web application using industry standard languages and technologies.
- Deliver exceptional software solutions to specification and on schedule to provide an engaging customer experience.
- Implement highly modular and maintainable components across a horizontally scalable application framework designed to maximise reuse across multiple channels.
- Participate on the definition of scope of projects and estimates of timescales for development and maintenance work.
- Contribute enthusiastically to our continuous improvement of coding practices, application quality, tooling and agile processes.
- Regular showcases of new work to the customer and business stakeholders.
Here are a few ways you’ll be adding value in this role:
- You’ll share your knowledge with other Software Engineers to contribute to a culture of collaboration and continuous learning
- You’ll help to define and shape the architecture and frameworks used in our front end and back end applications
- You’ll work as part of a delivery team as a hands-on contributor. Designing, implementing and testing of cutting-edge software components for product and client requirements
- You’ll team up with our Dev Ops Engineers to ensure our infrastructure needs are met and your code can be supported and monitored in production
- You’ll review code written by other members of the team, providing technical coaching and mentorship to teammates.
- Commercial experience of working in software development (5+ years) or demonstrable experience.
- You will have airline knowledge and experience
- NDC or API knowledge
- A solid understanding of version control including Git/SVN.
- Experience of legacy tech including XSLT, JSP, JQuery, AngularJS and migrating to new tech stacks.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Analytical mind with problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of accessibility best practices.
- Experience of working with QA, automated testing frameworks and testing teams to deliver a quality product would be useful.
- An open and genuine communicator
- Able to take responsibility for your actions
- Always learning and wanting to improve
- Takes responsibility for own development
- Love what you do
- Value and support your team
- Embrace who you are
- Open minded and willing to explore new ideas
What We Offer
We value our team and to attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to:
- A competitive salary, aligned to your skills and experience
- A enhanced pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave. Bank Holidays that you can take anytime to suit you. Plus, we have 5 days buy / sell scheme for extra flexibility
- Earn extra £’s by referring future colleagues, customers and innovative business ideas
- Access a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme to support with mental, physical and financial well being.
- Work/Life fit – why should you have to balance everything you want to do. At Leighton we have flexible hours, remote working and plenty of holidays. Life and Work should fit together.
- We are social – lunch time learning events, games nights, quizzes and sports events.
- We are growing – which means there are lots of opportunities for you to take on new roles, work with new customers or learn new skills.